Saturday, October 10, 2009

Flower Soft - Lamp Post



Hello and Happy Weekend. This has been a busy one. I'm taking two classes through: http://www.mycreativeclassroom.com/ Can you believe....I also have homework! I haven't had homework in many a year. I'm taking the Bind-It-All 101, taught by Nan Paturzo. This is week one and I must say....it moves along. I've learned lots. Nan has put a lot of thought into her class and it shows. Carolyn came over and I shared my vast knowledge...ok, so maybe she helped me figure out why one of the punches wasn't working so well....but between our two brains...we figured it out!

I'm also taking a Watercolor using Tombow Markers class taught by Kim Teasdale. Homework here too.... this class has been lots of un and Kim is teaching me so much. I love my markers and she's making me love them more. I'd say it's about time I learned to use them.... I've had them since 1998! I must say, both classes are well worth the taking. If you've never taken an on-line class with My Creative Classroom.... I highly recommend them.

Today Brenda came for our monthly "play day". Brenda is one of those gals that creates cards that are master pieces. She painstakingly creates beautiful cards. Her cards are carefully planned and beautifully assembled. Sometimes I can see her gritting her teeth over colors I've chosen and how thrown together many of my cards are....when I finish making a card, she'll look at me and say, I never would have thought your card would turn out so well. I guess that's why we get along so well....we can tease each other and laugh at our peculiarities.

Ok...moving on.....today I created my card using Flower Soft. The graphic is also a Flower Soft graphic. I don't know if you can see it in the photo, but there is a thin line of gold around the graphic and around the plaid matte. This too is from Flower Soft and it is very easy to use. I was surprised at the ease of use. The strip is so thin and appears to be very delicate. It is pretty strong. The colors of Flower Soft I used are Polar White - Pale Green - Shamrock Green - Christmas Green and Russet Red. I also added Prisma Glitter. The sentiment was done using a Spellbinder tag... I'm happy with the card. I feel I'm still in learning mode using the Flower Soft. I'm loving the learning!

That's it for tonight. Have a wonderful weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!