Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Let It Snow - Silver - Double The Pleasure

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning. Since Monday, I'd been thinking about the card I wanted to make for Mojo Monday..... http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2009/11/mojo-monday-111-contest.html

Here it is: The card went together very easily...however, when I went to the photo booth to take a picture....it was nightmare time. My new lights have a yellow tint...they aren't supposed to, but they sure do. So the photo looked awful. I then went to my outside photo booth and the photo was much better...I think shiny must be hard to photograph and this card is very shiny and shimmery....

Then I was reading Simply Southern Sandee's Blog and I saw the Our Daily Bread Challenge. I've never done this before, but I thought...hey, let's use this card for both...after all, there is a lot of shimmery on this card. Check out the Our Daily Bread Blog... http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Latest%20%20Challenge
Here's what I used to make the card. I started with a light gray linen card stock. I then layered with a very shiny metallic silver cardstock. I then found a beautiful silver vellum from the Paper Company. I embossed it using a Cuttlebug emossing folder, and I also cut and embossed it using the Cuttlebug snowflake. The sentiment is a Stampin Up rubber stamp which I stamped and then used Silver Super Sparkle embossing powder by Imprintz. And finally....silver Dew Drop accents.
Now that my Mojo is up and running....I'd best put some of it behind cleaning up my mess. Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. another lovly card mary been keeping a check on you and ill email you really soon promise hope your okay. ooo i got some reall cute pics for you to see if you come past my bloghttp://inspirationaloriginality.blogspot.com/
    need some help on how to make them into beautiful cards like yours come look see you wont regreat it
    vikki xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! So glad you played in our challenge! Your card is gorgeous! You always do such pretty work! Please enter it into the Mr Linky thing at the bottom of Our Daily Bread designs challenge link! You could win a 30.00 store credit and that would be so cool!!! Here is the link and if you have trouble let me know! Talk to you later!
    http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Latest%20%20Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good! now I see where you added it to the Mr Linky! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary I'm so glad you saw on Sandee's blog that we are having an ODBD challenge... "Show me the Shimmer"! We're delighted to have you play along with us and I love your creation! It certainly does shimmer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Mary!! The snowflakes and design are so gorgeous!!! It definitely shimmers. Thanks for playing along with the ODBD challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!