Sunday, May 16, 2010

Jessica and Uriah's Wedding Card

Our gift to Jessica and Uriah.
My great niece is getting married soon. I've been mentally creating their card for weeks. Today I put thought to practice and this blog post is a result of my creating. My nephew and my husband are like father and son. When Richard had his heart attack, Scott and Yvette not only came to the hospital, but were great support for both of us. Because of this, and because of how special both of them are to both of us, I wanted to make the perfect card for their daughter. I think this card is my best effort thus far. The sentiment is a rubber stamp made by Embossing Arts. The flowers are Prima and the Butterfly on the card were purchased at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique. The pin was made by me using beads from my stash.

I am a great fan of white on white. I enjoy not only making wedding cards, but also the box to wrap them in. This time, I added a gift card enclosure. The card measures 6x6. The box is 6 1/2 x 6 1x2 x 1. I used my ScorPal to create the box. The lattice on the card, box and enclosure are all made using the Martha Stewart lattice border punch. The corners were created using a Martha Stewart corner punch. The butterfly is also a Martha Stewart punch....Can you tell, I love Martha's products. The sentiment on the front of the box was printed on my computer and then die cut using a Spellbinder die. I used mounting squares to give the sentiment dimension.

I made the gift card enclosure using the Sizzix Die. It seems I've used this often and I really like how easy these little gift card holders are to create. This one I covered using the lattice punch. I started by punching a 3 inch by 12 inch piece of card stock. It was the perfect size for the Sizzix die.

For the tissue wrap inside the box, I punched a 3 inch wide piece of card stock, again using the lattice border punch. I folded the 3 inch piece in half, and glued it to one side of the tissue. Then to keep the butterfly theme going, I glued butterflies to the lattice.
I must say....I really, really like how this card turned out.
Have an absolutely wonderful week. I think it's just about dinner time. I can't believe I've been working on this for 6 1/2 hours. It seems like it only took a short time. The upside....I did no snacking while I was making the card....let's hope I lost weight during the process.



4 comments:

  1. Oh my word Mary!!!! This is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW! I am totally blown away! There are no words to describe the beauty! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, you have made an absolutely beautiful card for your niece's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica and Uriah's Wedding Card is stunning. The theme is very chic. You know I just love DIY parties. I love to create invites, décor stuff and everything else and this is why we have decided to go for the DIY reception party that we might have at one of the roof top wedding venues.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!