Thursday, December 15, 2011

Workdesk Wednesday - Again? Where did the week go?

Sometimes a tool inspires the project.  I needed to make a gift box, and I'd been gifted a We R Memory Keepers Sew Ribbon Scallop tool (thank you Carolyn).  I've gotta tell you, this tool is soooooo very easy to use and I think it adds so much to every project and the learning curve is so easy.  Good little invention.  The box is 7 inches by 7 inches by 2 inches.  All supplies, with the exception of the Dew Drops, were purchased at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique.  The center snowflake dies are by Memory Box.  The corner snowflakes are Spellbinder dies.  The center graphic is from the Lost and Found Christmas 6x6 pad.  The base of the box is from Echo Park Paper the ribbon is one of Karen's perfect finds.  To make my boxes I often use Aleene's Box Maker and that's what I used for this one.  This tool takes the thinking out of making the boxes.  And hey, I'd rather be picking paper and embellishments than figuring out measurements. 

So....what have I been up to?  Last Saturday was the Christmas crop at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique.  Boy, was it a success....It's the first one in the new shop and it was a sell out.  We snacked, laughed, snacked some more, ate pizza, snacked, cropped, snacked, laughed, snacked some more and then exchanged ornaments and had dessert, before we cropped again.  A fun time was had by all.....I'll share some photos of the group.....

First of all, here's my buddy Carolyn.  She and I hang out together for these crops, and many other crafting events.  We started the day by working on a banner that Karen designed (of course I didn't take a photo of it...geez!  But I think it's on Karen's blog page.  It's called Believe. 

And here's me.  I've gotta say, I need a new Christmas Sweater....I think I've worn it every year since high school (ok, maybe not quite that long).  When you only wear it a few times a year, who wants to keep buying new ones. 
Here's the group.  Ok, I'm not such a great photo taker......but it gives you the idea of how many of us spent the day together. 
Karen, Shell behind her and one of us during the exchange of ornaments.  (Sorry, I don't know her name....can anyone help?)  A word to the wise....if you want to attend the crops....sign up early, there were people turned away.....

So, our spot was reserved and our names were written on a sweet piece of card stock.  I looked at the cute Santa who was guarding my spot at the table and decided he was too cute to find his way to the trash can.....Why would anyone throw him away.....so, I made this: 
I'm happy that I was able to re purpose the name piece.  The Merry Christmas stamp is one from my stash and I think it's a Stampin-Up sentiment from years gone by.  One more card to share.  I made a Thank You card for Carolyn using the Weave Sew Ribbon punch. 

There's a Spellbinder or two and the graphic is from my computer.  I wanted to see if the zig-zag ribbon would work in the Weave punch and it does. 

Off I go for now.  Can you believe how quickly Christmas is coming....a little more than a week and it'll be a memory....

I'm going to check out the Stamping-Ground Blog page to see what's going on over there.  Always so many creative people sharing their passion. 



8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous box Mary. I love it. You all certainly look like you had a wonderful crafting time at the new shop. Love the recycled card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary the box is really beautiful, it is gorgeous. I love all your cards as well, they are all lovely :) I am glad you all had a great time at your crop day, it looks like you all had lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the box so cute, sounds as a great time had by all at the crop, lots of snacking too just up my street, food & crafting what more does a girl need x x x have a great week, Hugs May x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! Looks like a great bunch of gals at your craft group too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That box is super cute!! It looks like you had a really good time!! Happy WOYWW!!

    Hugs
    Shirley #63

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photographs! Your stash room is one amazing place! Thanks for sharing all the good cheer !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so lucky to get this beautiful gift box made by Mary, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is a lot of people in your crop get together, the shop is filled to the brim. I havent seen you on WOYWW before, mind you there are quite a few names joined up since I started. Your sweater still looks great after all these years, we dont wear sweaters like that here, no one makes them and there is none for sale but I have seen them on tv that it is a tradition to wear in the US. Great idea to repurpose that name tag, nothing goes to waste in craftland. Thanks for your wonderful emails, hope we can keep in touch as we have Australia in common.
    hugs
    Bridget #151

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!