Saturday, November 17, 2012

I Love Coloring and Using Bits and Pieces

I must say I am LOVING the alcohol inks.  I think what I love most is the ability to use for both rubber mounted stamps and digi stamps.  Something I couldn't do with my water markers.  I don't want them feeling bad, as I truly love my Tombow markers and they will always be an important part of my craft room.  They now share their space with my Spectrum Noir pens Check the link out for a great video showing how to color..  I'm certainly not yet the colorist I want to be, but I'm learning.... The rubber stamp I used is from Northwoods Rubber Stamps.This company is new to me, however, they've been around for quite some time.  They are worth a look as they have beautiful stamps.  I colored using the colors below: 
I've decided that I'm going to list my colors with the image in a book.  This will make it easier to remember what I've done and I won't have to think each time. 

I cut the image and glued it to a scrap of black that I'd die cut using the Spellbinder scallop die and then taped it to a card base that I dug out of the scrap bin.  I guess I must have used the embossing folder some time ago and it wasn't what I wanted....ah...love using what I save.  With that in mind, I'm going to post it to Di's,  Pixie's Crafty Workshop.  If the weather at the Playground is anything like we're having here, no one will be playing outside today.  We are getting much needed rain!

Happy crafting, see you all soon.

Hugs to all,
Mary
AKA:  Glitter Grammy



 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mary - fantastic card and I adore the colouring! Am just about to hop into bed and read my latest Kindle book - the Playground gates will open nice and early in a few minutes so you could be first this coming week! I cleared up the bonfire mess - were those your marshmallows on sticks I found abandoned? Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Mary. That is a good idea to save the colours used...I think it is good reference for you but also for others who want to give the image a try too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary this is lovely card. What colours and your colouring is stunning. Thanks for visit my blog and for your sweet comment.
    From sLOVEnija with LOVE Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colouring the shading is perfect. What a fab idea, I never write down my colours and this would mean when I get the colours right I would remember. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and fab colouring.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous snippet card. Love your colouring of the poinsettia - really vivid shades. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!