Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WOYWW - 203

A rather unusual photo...don't you think?  I was trying to get the whole story into one photo.  I'm using my new Sizzix die that Karen just got in.  I needed a Thank You card for my friend's husband who made me a jar opener that fits under the cupboard.  It works like a champ.  Johnny is such a smart young man!

I mentioned to Virginia what a smart idea her jar opener is.  She said, Johnny will make you one....and he did...This is such a good idea...

So, this is what it looks like.  Screws will go up through those two holes. 
And this is what it looks like after it's hung. 

It looks bigger than it is.  I was a bit too close.  It works like a charm.....

I guess I should show you what my desk looked(s) like when I was/am working on my card.  I peeked in on Julia's desk and it is so neat and tidy....I am going to go clean up my mess as soon as I finish this post. If you believe that, I love you!    Perhaps you'd like to hop on over to see what everyone's been up too.  Hop, Hop Hop.  And here's my lovely mess.....
And now it's time to say.... have a most wonderful crafting week.

Oops....I was thinking so hard about not forgetting anything and I forgot to mention, my card is made from snippets and we know what that means....I'll be sharing it with Di at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.  And for those who don't know....Di hosts a blog page where all of us can go to play.  I'm sure she'd tell you one of the rules...play nice.  Another....don't run with the scissors pointed up....And...take turns on the swing.  So, check out Di's blog here.  

Hugs,
Mary Mac...AKA:  Glitter Grammy




8 comments:

  1. Lovely card & great crafting desk. Hapy woyww Jill #26

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Mary - good to see you in the Playground, the sun is shining for you today! Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card and the 'folding system'... I once made some sort of mini-album (or folding card if you like) that had a similar folding system... now that I see this, I might make one again soon. LOVE IT! Happy crafting and happy, belated, woyww. Marit #79

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic swing card Mary. Happy Crafting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Looks fantastic.
    Love the can opener, absolutely ingenious. Get Johnny on Dragon's Den. Every home should have one of those.
    Have fun at the playground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought my desk mat was big but yours is really huge, mamouth in fact. I like the thank you card, I have that die but I really don't get it, like it really doesn't stand very well and which side is the right side to use? Knowing me it will go to the back of the drawer and say in the to hard basket. Happy Crafting

    Happy WOYWW
    Eliza & Yoda 102

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eliza, the side I choose to be the front folds to be 5 by 5. I too have trouble making it stand. You kind of balance the amount you put on each side. I'm hoping to make a Christmas one tonight. If I do, I'll post it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! great use of snippits! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!