Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Another Day Down Under

We've had five days of rain, four of them that were down pours with strong, did I say strong?  Very strong winds.  Today we had moments without rain, and by late afternoon we actually could see the sun.  We had a visitor to the back deck.  
All puffed up and not a happy face I think this little Magpie was very happy to see the sun.  The two dogs were hoping to have a day outside, but with all the puddles these two were forced to stay inside for one more day....Do they look totally bored?
Our day of Monopoly ended with one winner.  Is it fair that a 7 year old should put a Grammy, brother and Auntie to shame....Does she look sorry?  The worst part, we didn't give the game to her, she earned it.  
I am in love with these lovely Kangaroos. and this mom and baby come daily for the grass growing in the field.  

One of the most fun parts of the day is in the morning when Bridget comes to lay in bed to talk, or read or look at our iPads.  
Aunt Dee Dee and Bridget played beauty parlor.  And this is the final result.
Bridget went to the book store and bought a book she'd been borrowing from the library.  Today she read 3 stories for us and from the size of this book, there is much reading left for us to share.  Hearing her read makes me so proud.  I remember when my kids learned to read, I had the same feeling.  How fantastic to be part of Bridget and her adventure with Tashi.  Reading a gift to cherish forever.  
Tomorrow we head for Queensland.  I'm not sure what kind of internet connection we will have there, but if I can, I'll be sharing our next adventure.

Until later Hugs from Australia,
Mary Mac
AKA:  Glitter Grammy





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a good time despite the rain Mary. How far north are you coming in Queensland? That's where I am!!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!