Monday, October 28, 2013

Ho Ho Ho

Yesterday I had a fun play day with Brenda and as she die cut, I colored.  Today was a great day with the Monday group and I assembled my card with them.  Aren't girl friends the best way to spend time.  I don't know what I'd do without them!

Isn't this Santa the best?  I always get emails asking what I used to make the card.  The Santa is called Jolly Santa-80126 and  it's from Stamps Happen.  The Ho Ho Ho is from Northwoods and it's number 08231.  During Karen's Anniversary crop I was lucky enough to win the 6x6 paper pad by Echo Park Paper Co.  It's called tis the Season.  I colored the image using my new Spectrum Noir pens, and the tiny detail on the Ho Ho Ho was colored using my Sharpie pens with the micro tips.

The inside is about as simple as you can get.  I like to repeat something from the outside and I think this worked well. There is enough room for a sentiment or a short note.  I can't decide what I am going to do, but there's time to think about it.  I'm thinking maybe my granddaughter will get this one.  So a note is probably what I will put inside.


Enough said....actually I can't think of anything more to say, other than I had fun coloring this image.

I'm going to add this to Craftyhazelnut's Extra Christmas Challenge Extra - Anything goes, and then I'm also sending this over to Di at Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Snippet's challenge. 

For now it's sending wishes for a most crafty week.
Hugs,
Mary Mac
AKA:  Glitter Grammy


4 comments:

  1. Great card. I love the inside too! I have not tried the sharpie microtips///will have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Mary, I especially love the 'Ho, Ho, Ho' :) Good to have friends to craft with, most of mine live too far away which is a shame as it's always great fun to craft together.

    I wonder if those micro tips are similar to the Ultra Fine click on nibs you can get for Pro Markers - I wouldn't be without those for fiddly colouring :)

    Thanks for playing honey! I'm still wading through the laundry here - one year I had it all done by the hotel before we came home thinking that was a good idea. But then I spent ages ironing all the packing creases out anyhow - I guess it's one of the prices we pay for travelling.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, been a while since I was able to pop in. What a delight to see this sweetie of a card this morning. Great image, and colored so beautifully. Will have to look out this Northwoods Ho Ho, as I love their stamps. Great quality. Also check out the sharpie micro tips. I have some fine black ones, but not seen other colors. This is a wonderful card, so bright & cheery....someone will have a big smile when this one is opened. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nearly missed this card completely. Glad I didn't. Firstly I love how you have put the stripe on the diagonal Secondly love that brilliant image which you have coloured perfectly and thirdly the most Wow part the inside of the card. That is just stunning and would make an absolutely super card with just a sentiment in the blank part. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!