Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas

Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas.  May your day be filled with love....please know, I have loved every moment I've spent with each and every one of you....
A quick story, in the 60's our neighbor Andy owned a Service Station in the San Francisco Bay area.  He had long since sold the service station, and after his wife Arlene passed away, he gifted the ornament to my husband and I.  It's approximately 2 1/2 feet long and it's now a tradition for our family to hang the ornament and as we do we think of Andy and Arlene and all the fun we had having them as our neighbors.

A little tattle on my husband.  He wasn't going to put up the snowman and tree, and though I begged him as nicely as I could, the answer was always, not this year!  Well, to make a long story short, we have two darling neighbor girls Emily and Julie, they came and asked Richard why the snowman and tree weren't put up.  He told them he just didn't want to...and that he'd let their dad put them up in their yard.  Both girls said, very loudly....NO, we love looking at them in your yard.  and followed that with a big PLEASE!  As you can see......our two decorations are up and will be for the next few weeks!  Now I know how to get Richard to do what I ask....I'll have the girls come over and plead my case!

Again,  Merry Christmas may it find you in health and happy.
Hugs,
Mary Mac
AKA: Glitter Grammy

2 comments:

  1. Two sweet stories. I have loved coming by your blog and sharing time together. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a crafty New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary . . . fab story. Have enjoyed coming over to visit all year.

    Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy Christmas and New Year.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!