Friday, July 25, 2014

Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge and But of Course Di's Snippet Challenge



Check out my sidebar....you can now follow on email.  I'll tell you more below....

Two of my favorite blogs to follow are Pixie's  Crafty Workshop and Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge.  When I can make one card that fit the criteria for both I am extremely happy!

Today....I am extremely happy!  But before I share that happiness, I want to say thank you to everyone who has been commenting on and joining my blog.  Yesterday a young lady named Jean joined as a follower.  What makes me so pleased is Jean said she wished she could follow me via email.  Thank you Jean for pushing me into trying to figure out how...And guess what, I can't believe how easy it was.  I'm from the generation of don't push buttons you don't know what could happen.  Well, this button made me very happy and my machine did not blow up!  (giggling here).  So again, Thank You Jean!

Now back to the challenge(s)  at hand.  Mrs. A's challenge is to make a card using stripes and dots.  So, this is what I made.  These are all scraps from an album I made using Graphic45 Secret Garden collection.  I just noticed this....even my ribbon has stripes...I used the ribbon to mute the pattern behind it.  My dots are sequins that I've had for quite some time.  I think, though they are light in color, they add dots of sparkle on this card.  Even the little butterfly got into the act.  She too is sporting sequins.  The graphic was a happy accident.  It is actually the reverse side of a piece I'd originally thought about using as my background.  If you click on the photo it will enlarge and you can see the sequins much better.  And I really like the wording on the graphic.  Di's challenge is to use up scraps and even the ribbon was a scrap,

Now, on to the inside....
Snippets again, The butterflies were just from borders that I kept.  Not enough paper to do much more than punch butterflies.  These butterflies were punched using the Martha Stewart punch with the 3 butterflies.  The piece behind the sentiment wasn't big enough of course I realized this after I'd glued it down...so, the left side was a piece of trim I'd saved from another project.  Not perfect gluing, but pretty close.  There is sequins here too.

Valery and Di always give me reason to use bits and pieces.  I have to say, sometimes it's a challenge to use up those snippets and not cut into a full sheet.  I must say I'm also challenged to use patterns that I would not think would work together, but you know what?  I think they do.  In addition to being brought up in the don't touch that generation.  I've also been brought up to not mix patterns.  Hey, if the Queen can do a photo bomb....I can mix patterns!  Love this photo:
Thanks JayDetaylor for being in the right place at the right time and having a camera!

Well, that's it for me today.  I'm going to try to get a card done for Rudolph Day....If that's going to happen, I'd best get my act together.

Hugs from me to you,
Mary Mac
AKA:  Glitter Grammy




11 comments:

  1. ah Mary love your card.. glad you told me what the dots were as could not see sequins at fist wonderful work, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card.

    Hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, love your beautiful cards soft colours, sentiment and layout, the butterfly and sequins are perfect finishing touches

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Mary and super sentiment. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and elegant! Love the peachy pretty colors and textures! TFS Hugs, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful card Mary - like you I wince when mixing patterns but these work so well - maybe we need to have a week in the Playground where folk mix their patterns?! Joke - I think the Playground will always be whatever folk fancy so long as they use scraps/snippets :)

    Wasn't that photo bomb just brilliant :) Our Queen does have a wicked sense of humour which not everyone is aware of.

    I may have already told this tale, many years ago the Queen was approached by a lady holidaying in Balmoral - where our Royal family decant to during late Summer. I believe HRH was actually browsing in the village shop (obviously not wearing a tiara or big hat!). Anyhow, the tourist said 'I hope you don't mind me saying this, you do bear such a striking resemblance to our Queen'. The reply from HRH, with a twinkly smile, 'Why thank you. How very reassuring' :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful colour you have used for this card. It is so pretty and I really like the sentiment panel and all the sparkly sequins. Those are my two favourite challenges too and I don't do many others as I can't fine the time to comment properly. i love to get comments myself, so it only fair to comment back. thanks for your visits. i always appreciate them. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love the colours you've used, and the inside of this card is just as nice as the front.
    Hugs
    Debs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh nice to see the queen getting in on the selfies l think she is amazing and l'm sure she knew full well what was happens those girls will be in their elements to have such a fab picture if it was me l'd not be deleting it l'd be printing it keeping it safe and who knows it could be worth a fortune in time to come lol.......so lucky they are.... now to your card it's absolutely fantastic and a great use of snippets Mary these challenges are brilliant for using them up hope your enjoying your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Running round in circles here. Thought I had already left a comment so good thing I checked back. This card is absolutely thee bees knees. Love the colours and of course the Graphic 45 papers. I do so like the way you decorate the insides as well.
    Gorgeous combination of stripes and spots. Thankyou for fluttering by challenge.
    hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary,
    what very beautiful card.
    I love the colour your have used, and the fab design paper.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!