Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My Garden of Birthday Wishes

Can you guess what my favorite color might be?  Yup white....no, just kidding, it's yellow.  I've been thinking about making a gate fold card, and since I've not done one in awhile I thought now is as good a time as ever.  I need tons of birthday cards.  I think May and June are the busiest months for me.  I was shocked to see just how few I have on hand.  So, since today is my day to post on the Poppystamps blog, this is the perfect time get creating.  Do you want to know how I made this card?  Well you can....check it out Here.

I guess you know which bird would be my favorite.  This bird comes every spring.  He also brings his partner and somewhere in the tops of our pine trees they have a nest.  They must like my cooking, because it doesn't take long for them to drain my hummingbird feeder.

Not the best photo, this fella is quick.  I'm sitting very close to the window and he has the sharpest eyes, he sees all movement, and poof, he's gone.  Isn't his color lovely!

Off I go, I'm trying to get lots done today, I'm leaving on vacation in about 2 weeks and I'm not ready or even close to it.  

Until next time, hugs from me to you,
Mary Mac
AKA:  Glitter Grammy

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card May. Is the bird an Oriole? Certainly a stunner.

    Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, it surely is an Oriole. Every spring a tiny flock arrives and they settle in the tree tops while they nest and the little ones take their first flight, the family moves on to their summer home. They love the humming bird feeders and drain them every day. I love watching them and listening to them is heavenly.

      Delete
  2. I can see why yellow is your favorite color ( your card is beautiful ) but I LOVE that bird!! I am so jealous, would let him drain all the nectar he wanted!! Is that a Bullock's Oriole?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy it sure is. I'll try to get some photos of birds when I am in Australia. I won't know the names of most of them. I'll have to ask around. Send me your email and I'll send you some photos from my last trip.

      Delete
  3. Stunning card and stunning bird too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card and stunning bird too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Can I have TWO birthday cards??? heheh

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see you are as entertaining and talented as ever, Mary! Your pretty summery yellow card is fabulous! And I am intrigued that the orioles are able to drink out of your hummingbird feeder! It's fascinating that they have long thin tongues like hummingbirds to snake in the holes and lap up the sugar water! Enjoy your trip to the City!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!