Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Cloth, Paper and Love

My friend Edy came to visit and surprised me with this beautiful quilt.  Seems turning 70 has it's true benefits.  I love the color yellow and Edy could not have picked more beautiful colors.  THANK YOU SWEET FRIEND!  I will cherish this quilt always.  And yes, she made me promise I would use it, not just cherish it....so I promise, I will.

I could never thank her enough for all the time and love she put into this beautiful quilt.  So I tried to make her a paper quilt.....


I embossed the background, used a "quilt type" die to make it appear like a quilt. I added a few more dies to finish the front of the card.

Here's the inside.  I always try to bring some of the elements from the front of my cards into the inside.  I think I probably managed that....don't you?

Certainly not a quilt, but tons of love is embossed into these papers.

Off I go.  Enjoy your day and I hope it finds you able to do a bit of crafting.

Hugs from my world to yours,
Mary
AKA:  Glitter Grammy

2 comments:

  1. How lovely that your friend made this quilt especially for you. A fabulous birthday gift. Your quilty card is perfect to say thank you to her. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs. A. She is a special friend and I am so very appreciative.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!