Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sending Christmas Wishes and Prayers for a Better New Year

It's been very hard to look forward to Christmas while our East Coast neighbors are suffering and trying to make some sense from the senseless act against such innocents.  Again our country will be torn by fighting between those who want gun control and those who don't.  I pray we can treat each other with respect and allow our thoughts and concerns to be met with the respect we wish to receive from others.  I see the faces of my grandchildren when I see the faces of the children of Newtown.  I pray for all the families that they will find peace.  I am looking forward to the New Year and hope it brings peace to our crazy world. 

That said, today I spent making cards, which is what I do to relieve stress, sadness, anger, hunger and so many emotions....I worked on my January Class and this is what I think I shall teach.....
Believe it or not, this card started as a red A2 card and after much tweaking, it became a blue and white 5x5 card. I'll also show how to make an envelope for any size card.  Upon finishing this card I moved on to finish another gift card holder and then worked on finishing up a birthday card before I cleaned up quite a mess.  So, here's what my desk(s) look like now and hopefully they will remain this way until after Christmas.....
and here's what my counter looks like.....
A bit cleaner than last time I posted.  Here's the last gift card I'll be making this year.  I made this one without using a die to cut the frame.  If anyone wants the recipe....send me your email address and I'll send it to you. 
As I said earlier, I put the finishing touches on my newest birthday card.  I'm still trying to keep my cards flat so the postage doesn't break the bank...
It was fun making this card, Santa is ready to head off for a long winters nap, and it is time to bring out a bit of spring.  We're expecting snow tonight, I think I'm jumping the season a bit...don't you? 

Before I go, here's what I saw when I walked into my husband's painting studio....do you think someone wants to play? 
She gathers all her tennis balls and then makes the most pathetic noises until you are forced to give in.  So....off I go...to give in!   I'm going to link this post to WOYWW and Pixie's Crafty Workshop.  These two gals have introduced me to some really special people and I thank them.  Check out their blogs and if you have time to click through some of the folks following and linking with them...do so, you'll be amazed by how much talent there is out there in cyber space.  I know I'm always learning something new....

If I don't blog again before Christmas, I wish each and every one of you the most wonderful Christmas.  May you be blessed and surrounded by the love of family and friends.  You all have made my life so much fun and I love each of you!



Happy Holidays to all,
Love Mary
AKA:  Glitter Grammy


 

7 comments:

  1. I'm just popping by to say....
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with everything that makes you happy.
    Hugs,
    A x #38

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work Mary - it's been a joy getting to know you over this past year my friend. Wishing you and yours a peaceful Christmas and everything good in 2013. Big hug, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary . . . these are lovely.

    Aww . . . I wanna play ball with the doggy! Send her my way!

    Wishing you a happy and peaceful Christmas.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards. I echo your sentiments on peace. Merry Christmas to you Mary! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas Greeting - send a free greeting card to your friends, it's all free for you just open it and fill the details and send it to your friends. and also you can send New Year greetings and many more. New Year Greetings 2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you don't understand...we make handmade cards, I don't know why you would advertise ready-made cards on my blog. Merry Christmas though!

      Delete
  6. Hi Mary,

    Yes, it's so sad what happened at Newtown. We need to also focus on how the mentally ill are cared for. Very sad.

    Your cards look great -- and your desk looks like it's ready for action. Speaking of action, what a little cutie pie with all her tennis balls!!

    I hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas.
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs,
    Kay 84

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!