Saturday, December 12, 2009

For My 91 Year Young Aunt Izzie

I think one of the best reasons for sending Christmas letters or notes, are the many notes you receive back, and from most unexpected people. The above card and envelope were inspired by a letter I received from my cousin Sandy, written for her mom Izzie. Her letter sparked many memories of my childhood spending time with my Aunt Izzie and my Uncle Happy. Isn't that a great name for an Uncle?
I wanted to thank Sandy for taking the time to write and I needed a card that was not only quick, but "Summery" They live in Wisconsin and are beginning what usually is a long winter. Aunt Izzie is a gardener and I thought she'd enjoy receiving a bit of summer.
The paper is old from 2005. It's from Bo-Bunny Press and is named Shabb-A-Licious Blossoms. The green belt is from my scrap stash, the embossing is Tiny Bubbles from Cuttlebug. The belt buckle is a Spellbinder die called - Ladies Fashion Buckles, I haven't checked but it is probably retired. I love it. I use it often. The sentiment is an old Stampin Up stamp and is cut from a Spellbinder oval. The envelope is made from the same paper. All in all, the card and envelope took about 20 minutes to make.
Have a great day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!