Wednesday, June 9, 2010

In The Pink and Our Little Tucker

I haven't posted in awhile, I'll explain in a minute....but before I do.... Yesterday was our monthly SOS meeting at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique. Prior to going, I'd read my email and saw the sketch for Mojo Monday#142 I I knew I had the perfect paper for this sketch. G.C.D Studios - Pink Stitchery Homespun Chic Collection. I loved the paper when I first saw it and I think it worked very well on this card.

The girls I do paper crafting with, and the people in my Weight Watcher group are so very supportive. I really want to thank all of them. On June 4th. we lost an important family member and a most special friend. Tucker was 11 1/2 and for 11 1/2 years has brought us pure love, silly moments and joy. He was not wanted by his first family and their loss was most certainly our gain.

The day before he passed, I don't know why, but I grabbed my camera as he was sniffing around the yard. When I called his name, he turned toward me and this photo is a result of that turn. He was so gray his face faded and his eyes sparkled. I sure miss him. as does his "dad", Baxter and Sydney.


6 comments:

  1. So pretty, especially love your flower collage. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love your papers and embellishments. Thanks for playing Mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad about Tucker. We lost our dog after 17 years of throwing pizza crusts up in the air for her to catch and eat as she waited patiently by the table. It took months for us to get used to leaving them on our plates. Pets are such a blessing even though it's so hard to say goodbye. I'm glad you were moved to take that one last picture--he looks like such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!