Wednesday, October 8, 2014

What's On My Workdesk? I'm afraid you might be a bit disappointed!

See, I told you.  Nothing much going on here, although, I am on my way to Chico to teach a class at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique and then on Thursday morning I'm on my way to visit my daughter and her husband and see their new home.  Not to mention, I'll be seeing my son, grandson, daughters-in-law, nieces and great nieces and nephews and my sister and brother.  Lots to do and sadly, I won't be there very long.  So not much sleeping, and lots of catching up. 

My workdesk doesn't look so busy, but trust me, it's only because I want to leave my room somewhat tidy.  I hate coming home to a mess.  Anyway, I'm sure by now my followers know about WOYWW, and if you don't, here's a link to bring you up to speed.   It's fun to share, so how about it?  So you know, sometimes our desks are tidy, but most often they are not.  A mess means there is work going on and that is always good. 

Before I go, I want to share a card I made as a bonus card for this month.  When I come home, I'll be teaching a class on creating. For this card, I want to show people that little scraps can make cards and Christmas is the best time to get the most from your scraps.  So here's the card I made with bits of paper, scraps of gold and tiny pieces of ribbon.  What the girls don't know, there will be homework!   So, here's the card.....
and here's the inside.....
 I think I may just pop in on Ms. Di and catch up.  I know lots has been going on there.  I have been following her posts, but on my iPad, it isn't always easy to post comments, especially with two dogs on my lap....If you haven't found Di and Pixie's Crafty Workshop, I'd suggest you put this link on your reading list.  Always lots going on, her blog is filled with humor and tons of creativity.  So, check it out, I think you will be very happy you did....so, here's the link.  If you want to play along, there's really only one rule you must use snippets. 

This is it for now....I'll see you here again in a week or so....I will be checking the internet to see what you've all been doing, even if I don't leave a comment, please know, I'll be looking in. 

Until next time.....Happy crafting,
Hugs from Me to You...
Mary Mac
AKA:  GlitterGrammy



14 comments:

  1. Mary, Is that a fluffy duckling I see on your desk?:)

    Lovely cards.

    Have a wonderful time with all your family.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #33

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea on how to use scraps for a christmas card Happy WOYWW hugs Nikki 9

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary,
    I do hope you enjoy your visit to your family.
    Your desk and where you create is lovely, and it's only right to have a tidy one for when you get back.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, pretty card, Mary--have a great time at your class and visiting!

    Happy woyww!
    :)trisha
    #77ish this week, working on
    an Alice themed altered book

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great visit to your family - always great to come back to a neat desk ready to get crafting again ! Ali #13

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your desk, and something on it kinda quacks me up. Enjoy your visit! Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #59

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an exciting week ahead - enjoy! Love the card, BTW! Chris, # 23

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card, Christmas is so close. How nice to spend time with family, hope you get a lot of bonding time
    Bridget #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super use of snippets Mary! Safe travels and thank you for the shout out :)

    Will email you ASAP - it's sheer mayhem here right now. If I don't end up strangling a workman it'll be a miracle :) Well, stamping my foot at least!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a tidy desk but it's ready for action when you arrive back. Beautiful card too, and have a safe trip.

    Hugs
    Brenda 48

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and a great work space.
    Great set-up for your photographs too.
    Happy crafting, Angela x 39

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a great time with your family. You'll be tired but happy.
    I love that card. Yes, little scraps can always be used. That's an important lesson to learn.
    Sorry I'm a day late but I just didn't have time.
    Have a good week!
    Lisca#35

    ReplyDelete
  13. Popped over from Snippets to see this pretty tree!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great work space you've got, Mary, and I like the photo booth. The card you have made is lovely.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #32

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!