Monday, May 1, 2017

Sparkly Snowflakes and Inspiration Card

This month's Sparkles Challenge is Snowflakes.  I want to thank Joan for this challenge.  I hope you have a chance to play along.  If you want to see what the design team created, check out our creations here.    My card was inspired by a card I'd seen on Pinterest.  Now mind you....my card isn't going to look much like the inspiration card, but I was inspired none the less......and here is the card that inspired me.
Can you see the similarities?  Heather's flowers are grouped beautifully.  My snowflakes are randomly placed.  I have silver string and Heather has gold.  The stripes on the left side of the card are very similar.  I don't know how Heather made her stripes.  Mine were made by putting silver Colorbox ink on a stripe embossing folder and stamping with it.  Heather didn't have a sentiment, but I added Noel a die from Frantic Stamper.

I can only imagine the inside of Heather's card, I see flowers peeking out.  I'm sure the inside is as lovely as the outside.  Here is mine.
I always try to add elements from the outside of a card into the inside.  I repeated the stripes, added snowflakes and another Frantic Stamper Noel die.  Of course a sentiment was stamped and this card is finished.  

That's it for my May Sparkles Christmas Challenge.  I do hope you play along.  I'll be checking to see what you create.  

Until next time,
Happy May, I hope you find time to create and enjoy Spring.  It's been a long wet winter here and I am so looking forward to playing outside.  

Hugs,
Mary Mac

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards mary and such pretty Snowflakes, lovely sentiment too.
    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I can absolutely see the similarities... and love how you made the inspiration card your own with those silvery snowflakes. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your card is stunning dearie. Love it. Great inspiration from Pinterest. Your card is beautiful inside and out. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!