Friday, June 1, 2018

Sparkles Christmas Challenge #89 - Santa

The Sparkles Christmas Challenge this month is Santa....and guess who chose this theme?  It was me.  I've had this Santa graphic for a long time. It is on one of the first graphic cd's I purchased and I've used it on tags, but never on a card.  This card is a quick and easy one....I did a few things I've not done in quite some time.  First I printed the graphic on photo paper.  I normally use matt paper, but this time I wanted him to pop....so glossy accomplished that goal.  Then I embossed the card stock and I liked how it looked, but it needed something just a bit more.  So I used metallic rub ons.  I've had them forever, so I can't really say what kind they are.  I like the look. The embossing folder is Cuttlebug - Holly Ribbons and the sentiment is PoppyStamp - Merry Christmas.  I layered gold behind the embossed and the graphic piece.  This card is a quarter fold 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch.  It may require extra postage because of the layers.  I guess that depends on where you are mailing from.

I hope you find time to play along with this challenge.  It's a great way to get one more Christmas card finished and be inspired by those who are posting their creations.

Well, that's it for me....My hubby and I are painting the family room / den and I best get back at it.  I am absolutely amazed that 2 months ago I could barely walk.  I had knee surgery (meniscus repair) and I am up and down ladders and going full steam.  Because of this, we are also painting our studio/craft room/classroom and replacing the flooring.  As you can imagine, my house is in total disaray and finding anything is a test of patience.   We hope to be up to playing again by July 1st.  I can't wait, it seems it's been ages since my friends and I have come to crop.

Until next time....I hope you find time to create.  Hugs from my world to yours.

Mary Mac
AKA:  Glitter Grammy




4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, wow I am loving your beautiful creation. Fab choice of theme too for us to follow. I am so glad you are doing so well after your knee surgery. Don't be working too hard painting.... busy lady.hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Mary .........you sound so busy l haven't stopped since l move house and about to get my bathroom re-vamped so more mess but so looking forward to having a new one take care sending lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Mary! First of all, your card is so pretty... just stunning! Secondly, you chose a great theme. Isn't it fun to see all the different Santas on the DT cards?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful Mary, I love the metallic look on the embossing. Thank you for picking Santas, it gave me a chance to use a stamp that hadn't been inked before x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!