Saturday, September 26, 2009

Get Well Card







Hello and Happy Saturday.....Before I get started.....I have some FANTASTIC news.... I'll be teaching an afternoon card class at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique....I'm really excited and my first class will have two cards using Flower Soft. The first card I'm teaching is the card from the post on 9/25/09. It was a fun card to create. The second card will be a surprise....mostly because I haven't created it yet :-) The date of the class is - Tuesday - October 13 at 1:00 PM. I hope some of you will be able to attend. There are plenty of exciting events during October. Most important it is a chance to celebrate Paradise Scrapbook Boutique's 3rd Anniversary.
Check out Karen's blog for a look at what's happening: http://paradisescrapbookboutique.typepad.com/
Now on to my Get Well Card. Today was another play day. I used a very old rubber stamp, it's was manufactured in 1996...an oldie, but a goodie. Embossing Arts Co., #1277-J Window box Flowers. I used many of the same Tombow markers as in my previous post. The stamp had curtains in the window, but I wanted to put my own curtains in the window, so I used an X-acto to cut them out. I put mylar behind the opening and "hung" my own lace curtains. The Get Well Soon stamp is from Hero Arts. Both stamps were cut using Spellbinders's Labels Four. The background paper is from Sonburn Designs, Sweet Baby Collection - Playful Plaid for Boys. I cut mounting tape to give the window and the tags a 3 dimensional look.
That's about it.....I'm off to my craft room to clean up my mess and think about the second card for my first class....Have a WONDERFUL weekend!



3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new teaching status! I know you will have so much fun and your students will be inspired by your talent! Don't you just love Flower Soft?! Your card here is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Mom! Really shows the dimension of the elements. You've come a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent card. I love the 'curtains'.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!