Thursday, September 3, 2009

Moments

Happy September Everyone! I wish I could say I can feel the coolness of the morning and smell the change of season in the air....but I can't. It's been hot and humid and today is hotter and more humid. The weatherman says it's going to cool down and maybe we'll have a shower or two this weekend....We'll just have to wait and see.

My card today was inspired by the butterfly....but more than that, it was inspired by the girls at Weight Watchers and Karen from Paradise Scrapbook Boutique. I always start my Thursday at Weight Watchers. Today I had success....It wasn't great success, but I was successful I have now lost a total of 16.3 pounds...Yippee for me! And like the butterfly....Iam beginning to feel the change in, not only my body, but my whole self.


I was fighting the temptation to go to Paradise Scrapbook Boutique...which is on my way home (well it's on my way if I turn right when I leave the WW meeting :-) I do have other options! Well, back to the story....I was able to spend some time with Karen, between customers and a son that brought her beautiful flowers! What a nice boy!


Karen and I got onto the subject of creating...I strongly believe we all have the need to create. And I strongly believe if we don't create, we are not a fulfilled person. Creating comes in many forms. I choose paper. My husband creates beauty in our yard and on canvass. My sister does needle point, my friend Edy quilts, Dani and Barbara work in their yards and Jeri bakes. It seems my other friends choose paper as their medium.


Whatever we choose, the need to create exists in all of us. Creativity gets me up in the morning and puts me to bed at night. And I firmly believe as I draw my last breath, I will be asking God to please put me in the paper craft section of heaven! So get creating, because it feels so good!


Since Mother Nature isn't quite ready to let go of summer, I decided to give fall a little push and I put myself into a "Fall State of Mind". The colors of the paper make me think fall.


I used everything in this photo. The paper is from the Amber Road Collection by PinkPaislee. What's interesting is the ink used is soy based. And it doesn't have that strong odor....very cool! The paper, butterfly and ribbon were all purchased at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique.


The gold shiny dots are Dew Drops - Metallic. They come in a bottle with several metallic colors. The title was cut using Labels 4 by Spellbinder. Both of these items were purchased from: http://www.7kidscollegefund.com/


I used a Martha Stewart border punch and a Paper Shapers corner punch. The Title was rubber stamped using Tim Holtz Walnut Stain and I embossed over the title using a clear Top Boss ink. I also chalked edges using Color Box Chestnut Roan. The rubber stamp is from SonLight Impressions the 1994 Collection. And here it is.......



Now....onto a short story. Karen from Paradise Scrapbook Boutique: http://paradisescrapbookboutique.typepad.com/ created a beautiful Friendship Album. Carolyn, Virginia and I saw it and had an uncontrollable urge to attempt to duplicate it.... :-) Well to make a long story short....I messed up one of the pages. Actually when you mess up one page, it throws off the entire book, so I'm having to make small adjustments. I really wanted to start over, but Karen always says, there are no mistakes in scrapbooking. I guess I was having a happy accident! Briefly....One of the papers was to be used as the cover of the album. I used the same paper twice, once on the cover and again inside...silly me. To fix the problem I changed the inside page and below is my correction. When I finish my album. I'll take photos and you'll get to see the entire album . Karen did an amazing job thinking up this project and I thank her for sharing it with us. I hope she puts photos of her album on her site....the album is BEAUTIFUL! Here is my one page....Lesson....don't give up, make lemonade from lemons.....
Have a wonderful day and may your weekend be safe and spent with those you love.




1 comment:

  1. Ok Miss Mary, you're not supposed to make me cry when I read your posts. You are very kind and I thank you for all of your support! I really enjoy watching you ladies create and make things "your own", like I always say "there are NO mistakes" just masterpieces! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!