Monday, March 22, 2010

April Card Class


Good Morning,
I've taken samples of the cards we will be making in April's Card class at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique. Spring is definitely in the air here in Northern California. I think I'm thinking flowers and warm breezes. I hope my cards will bring a bit of spring to you also.
I rubber stamped my little bear (Art Impressions) on water color paper (Strathmore) and colored him using Tombow markers. Flower Soft has a wonderful new product, Ultra Fine - Toffee and Sand, it was perfect for my little bear. Cosmo Cricket - Bloomers and a Linen were the card stock I used. Of course there were Spellbinder dies used - it seems all my cards have at least one of them somewhere on the card. For the sentiment I used: Jillibean Clear Stamps. This set has loads of greetings and they are big enough to see, but small enough to fit on the tag. The tag was cut using Karen's die. This was a fun card to make, I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did.
My second card was inspired by Kim Teasdale. Several months back I took a water color class from her. She used Tombow markers and a water pen....I LOVED THE CLASS, if anyone is interested, she teaches through My Creative Classroom. Kim posted a beautiful card and I used her card as a sketch for the one I will be teaching in my class. I'd like to thank Kim for inspiring my card. I hope you'll take the time to check out her site and if you'd like help improving your water coloring....Kim's class was great! You may want to check it out.
For this card, I used products from: Spellbinder, Martha Stewart, Tim Holtz, BossKut, Color Box, Cuttlebug, Rusty Pickle, Cosmo Cricket....just to name a few.
I'm off for a day of card making at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique. It's Operation Write Home day and we hope to have many completed cards for soldiers. We are making Father's Day and the 4th of July the theme for this month. I hope to see many new faces today.....If you can't make it today, remember, we'll be doing this the 4th Monday of every month.
Have a wonderful week.....see you soon!

1 comment:

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!