Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sympathy Card


Today I needed to make a quick card. A friend passed away and I wanted to make a sympathy card for his wife and family. I should never use the word quick....it seems whenever "quick" enters the conversation, creativity goes out the window. I was having such a problem, I sent my husband to the store to purchase a card. I was feeling so guilty. I can't remember when I purchased my last card....I know it was a long, long time ago. While Richard was at the store, I went into my craft room and pulled out a stack of decorative vellum that a friend had given me years ago. While going through the stack I found one piece of 8 1/2 x 11 decorative paper by Anna Griffin. I also chose a coordinating piece of green card stock and a piece of satin ribbon. Within 20 minutes, and before my husband could return home, I'd created the above card.
I think the down side to being addicted to card making is.....you just can't bring yourself to send a store bought card. I know Alice will appreciate the effort that went into this card. I appreciate that I was able to spend time not only making a card, but thinking about Bill and celebrating his life as I created.

2 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! I'm sure your friend will cherish it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels guilt if I get in a jam and have to send a storebought card!

    So sorry for the loss of your friend. :(

    Thanks for all the inspiration, though...I love your blog.

    Elin K.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!