Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Let's Make it a Krafty Christmas

It's time to Sparkle....well it's Sparkles Christmas Challenge and this month Jane picked a fun theme.  A Krafty Christmas.  Your card must use kraft paper.  I'm using the kraft card stock for my base and also for layers.  On the outside I ran the kraft stock through a Christmas Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I thought it needed a bit more dimension.  The decorative papers are all from the Graphic45 St. Nicholas collection.  They all were pieces left over from making Christmas cards and decorations.  I'm using pieces from the 8x8 and 12x12 paper pads.  I've framed them with the solid green pieces and used Tim Holtz Distress inks to outline the papers.  After doing a test layout, I thought it might be nice to add a bit of sparkle.  I outlined the decorative papers using Stickles Mercury Glass.  Well, that's the outside and now for the inside.


It's pretty much a repeat of the outside.  I did add a stamped Sentiment using my favorite Christmas sentiment.  It's from Stampability.  That's it.  Pretty simple really and a great way to use up all those bits and pieces .  You will probably see many of this type of card as I have many bits and pieces to use.

Now it's your turn....Create a Christmas project using kraft somewhere on your creation and link it on the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.  All the rules (and there are only a few) can be found on the Sparkles site.  I'll be looking in to see what you've made!

Until next time....Happy Crafting.

Hugs from my world to yours,
Mary Mac
AKA:  GlitterGrammy

7 comments:

  1. A stunning card Mary l like the design too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fantastic card dearie. Love the papers, the glitter and the embossing. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful Christmas card, and a lovely sentiment
    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, This is a gorgeous card with a lovely vintage feel! I don't do vintage well, so I'm a huge admirer of those that do. And, you absolutely own this aesthetic. Wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely stunning on the outside and the inside!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary,
    Love the gorgeous traditional vintage look you've achieved on your card and I am now in love with yet another Graphic 45 range of papers!! Thank you for welcoming me to the Sparkles Christmas DT, looking forward to seeing more of your fab creations,
    Love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards with a vintage feel.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!