Saturday, November 24, 2018

Our Lives Have Changed....But We Move Forward


This will be a very quick post....I just wanted everyone to know we are ok, but as you can see from the photos our home is gone and with it every personal item.  I am most sad my husband’s paintings did not survive.  I am most sad all the trinkets and handmade items from my kids, grandkids and friends are gone.  I am most sad about loosing every craft item that I have collected for the past 20 years.  I am most happy we survived as many did not.  Not one of my craft friends homes were spared, but all were able to live to share their story.  

I will be absent for the next several months as we will be moving from California to Illinois, to be closer to family.  I am sad to leave my friends, but like the embers of the fire floating to locations far and near, they too will be finding new areas of the state and country to live.  No one ever expects to get up in the morning, have coffee and then run for their lives.  One day I may share a blog post about that day, but for now, we are looking forward not backward.  

Thankfully the internet will allow me to stay in your lives through your beautiful creations.  I look forward to the day I can again share with all of you.  
Love to everyone,  
Glitter Grammy
AKA:  Mary Mac




12 comments:

  1. Oh Mary .. .. thank goodness you and your husband have survived, and all your friends too. You must feel like you have been living through a nightmare.

    I am so sorry for all that you have lost and hope that you can settle and be happy in your new home.

    Sending love and hugs

    Jules xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to you and yours and take care Mary, your positivity is inspiring, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine your daughter is thrilled that you will be closer. Thanks for the update, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot imagine what it is like but my heart cries with and for you about your loss of everything. You will bounce back and we will help you bounce back. Love from Australia, now in Macleay Island

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, thank you for posting this update. I'm so sorry to learn of all you lost in the horrid fires that incinerated your area. I cannot imagine the losses you are enduring, but I'm pleased that you have family to turn to and a place to start anew. You are an inspiration to all of us about keeping positive, moving forward not backward, and in managing to still feel blessed because you are alive when so many aren't. I send you prayers and good wishes for this next unexpected chapter of your lives. Please keep in touch. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. My new friends Mary and Richard, Your home lives on as do your projects and Richards pictures through the telling. I have told many....just yesterday I told a friend of my travels through your home. Of the beauty I found there. The flowers, painted by Richard, in your bedroom. The beauty of your home and the grand two art rooms I want to wrap myself in. They live on... in the telling. You live on and grow...prosper and flourish. You both are in ny heart. Your home in my mind and lives still in the telling. Safe travels and love on your journey, jodi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear that you have lost your home and all your possessions but am thankful that you and your family are safe. I wish you well in your new home.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best Wishes, Mary and Richard. Many memories to keep close to your heart, and many memories to make in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank God you, your husband and dog survived and so sorry to hear you have lost everything, so heart breaking. Good luck in your move to Illinois.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Mary, I don't even know you, was internet introduced by your ex-daughter in law Patty, I am sooo sorry for your great loss. I am thankful you and your husband are ok.
    I wish you well in your new home

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish you the best as you settle in your new home. Your positive attitude is an inspiration to me, and I will be keeping you in prayer. So glad you escaped and your dog was able to leave with you too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!