Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Paradise Scrapbook Class Card-2 and Caardvarks Challenge Card

Good Morning....I have decided that my second card for my class at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique will be a version of the card I made for Caardvarks Wedding Challenge. As you can see, they are the same...but different. LOL.... The difference is the butterfly, both inside and out. I really, really like white on white.

For those signed up for my class, I want to let you know what I'll be using to create the card. You are of course always welcome to bring your own dies and punches. I used Spellbinders Butterfly Reflections for my butterfly. I know that several of you have Butterflies 2 and I did cut and emboss them and they look great too. So, if you want to use them...that's more than ok with me. Also, Karen has the butterfly stickers, if you want to purchase them, you are more than welcome to use them. They will not be in my kit.

I used Spellbinder Daisy Heads for my flowers. I just checked and Spellbinders has not retired the die. Ask Karen if she can still get the die and if she'd be willing to order it. I'm sure you'll find many uses for the die. I used a white pigment ink to emboss the flowers. It is an old pad that I love. It's made by Imprintz. I bought the ink pad years ago at a Stamp Convention. I'd check with Karen and see if she wants to carry them. What I like about this brand is they are loaded with ink, they are great for the use with the dies, because they are so juicy, they aren't great for thin fonts. They wash off the dies easily with no staining when using the white ink. (I can't vouch for the other colors). I then used clear embossing powder.

The border was cut using Martha Stewart's Double Loop punch. I can think of several other borders that would work just as well. If you have one you'd prefer...bring it...

The Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder was used to create the background. I use this folder often.

Karen has a limited supply of the two ribbons. Both ribbons are great for many projects.

I used pearls for my card. On the original, I used the gold accents from the butterfly sticker sheet. Again, I'll leave it up to you...I love both cards. I'm thinking this card done in any pastel color...Please God.....don't let me go into my craft room today, I need to get laundry done....ok, maybe one peek into the craft room....LOL!

Have a wonderful day. The sun is shining here and my dogs are begging to take a walk....I guess I should be a good puppy mom and take them out to walk. Until later....

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!