Monday, August 5, 2013

Merry Christmas....And Happy New Year

I know, it's August and we should be thinking about swimming and smelling the roses that are loving the heat of the day and the coolness of the night, but we crafters are already thinking about Christmas.  With this card, I'm one step closer to being ready to mail out my Christmas Cards....
This card doesn't look anything like the original plan.  When I started the center card stock was quite dark.  My friend Cathy and I looked at several combinations and finally came up with this one.  All the dies are Memory Box.  The wreath and the ornament were layered in green and gold.  The pine sprig was cut using the same green as in the wreath.  I love all the bling on the wreath and the tiny bulbs on the pine sprig are so cute.  I honestly think it's going to be very difficult to release this card  I just like it too much to part with it. 

And here is what I did on the inside of this card....
I die cut the wreath twice, once in green and once in beige.  I used the negative beige piece to rubber stamp the sentiment and then pieced the green wreath over.  Both were then added to the base, I drop cut a frame, as I'd done on the outside and again used the pine sprig. 

Check out the Memory Box website to see more beautiful dies.  If you'd like an up close and personal look at this card, it is displayed at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique

Off I go for now.  Enjoy your week, may it be filled with crafting. 
Hugs,
Mary Mac
AKA:  Glitter Grammy


3 comments:

  1. Utterly fabulous card Mary - every detail is just perfect - I love the little lights as a finishing touch. Got some of those somewhere so thanks for the reminder.

    I can quite see how you won't want to part with it - why not give it to yourself? :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful Christmas card Mary. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, I really like the green wreath with the fun ornament and lovely bling.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!