Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sparkles Christmas Challenge Hats, Scarfs, Gloves and Winter

Brenda came up with a fun Sparkles Christmas Challenge this month.  For those who don't know, Brenda  is our resident sock creator, so I was surprised there were no socks in the challenge!  She did cover just about all the other keep yourself warm accessories.  Mind you she didn't say mittens and being from Wisconsin, I always wore mittens.  It was comforting to have all my fingers snugly hugging in the warmth of the mitten.  I always felt gloves made my fingers lonely!  Here's my mitten...
This stamp is one of my oldest.  It's a Stampin Up set, which I am sure has long since been retired. 

I went into my craft room to clean up and I spied, with my little eye....the Poppystamps background that I'd planned on using on another card....however, as plans sometimes go, the background was too big for the card base and rather than throw it away, I decided to put it into my snippet bucket.  After digging out some Christmas paper, a deciding to finish a Morehouse 3-D graphic which was given to me by a friend, I thought maybe all of these items would make a pretty card.  Keeping Brenda's challenge in mind, I think the hats, scarfs and mittens will be met by this card.  What do you think?
I added a few snowflakes and this card was finished.  The red trim around the background border was part of the save from my original idea.  I'm glad I was able to save it. 

This month's winner of the Sparkles Christmas Challenge will recieve a WONDERFUL prize.  Now that I've teased you, I'm only going to give you a hint.....
To learn more you are just going to need to check it out here.  You will be very glad you did!
My second card is made from snippets left over from other projects, or from things gifted and found in my embellishment bucket.  The white base was not a snippet....I think I shall be forgiven!  So, having said the snippet word, you know where I'm going next.....Ms. Di sponsors a fun challenge, on her Pixie's Crafty Workshop.  Check out her blog here

That's it for now.  Enjoy crafting, see you again soon!

Mary Mac
AKA:  Glitter Grammy


5 comments:

  1. Hi Mary - BOTH cards are delightful and I particularly like the first one with the loveheart mitten!
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely cards Mary, both fitting the challenge well, love the images and great designs.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, Oh l so love your creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two brilliant and lovely creations dearie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both cards! The first one is to stinking cute for words and your second one with the see through is beautifully done too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!