Friday, September 7, 2018

Birthday Card and Alcohol Ink

Happy Birthday Ron...you finally caught up to the same age as me....at least for awhile,

You know, when you get a new die, you've just got to use it.  This die is My Favorite Things - Die-Namics - MFT-1353.  This die makes a very quick card.  I cut the die on black card  and backed it with a piece of plastic page protector that I had alcohol ink painted.  There are tons of videos on line showing this process on plastic.  One of my favorite alcohol ink artists is Jodi Martinez.  If you look back to my post of August 1st.  you can see links to her instagram and FaceBook pages.

For this card I used Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink re-inkers and Tim Holtz Mixatives. I backed the alcohol ink painting with gold mirror card and it really helps to reflect the colors of the ink.  It's funny, what goes around comes around.  I think I did my first alcohol ink painting 15 years ago.  I'm glad it's making a comeback and there are lots of new ways to paint with the ink. Doing this painting on window plastic or any stiff plastic is very easy.

Jodi uses epoxy for her pieces of art.  Which she is selling on Etsy - Here  Check out her work.  She is making videos of how to, so keep your eyes open for them.  My neighbor, her sister-in-law, took a few classes and for my birthday Jeri gave me this lovely piece of art.  I love it.  Thank you Jeri Cude for gifting me this beautiful piece.


I see a class or two in my future......It will be a fun girls weekend that's for sure.  

So....that's it from me.  I hope you've enjoyed my card and I do hope you check out Jodi's work.  As always, thank you for stopping by.

Happy crafting and I'll see you soon.
Mary Mac
AKA:  Glitter Grammy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!