Saturday, September 1, 2018

Blue and Gold Christmas

I'm sure everyone is thinking about the end of summer, the beginning of the school year and for many of us creating Christmas cards.  So, here is my Sparkles Christmas Challenge card for September.  Pat chose the theme for this challenge the cards need to show blue and gold.

When I sat down to create my card, I was sure this was going to be a quick one for me....boy was I wrong.  My original plan didn't look on paper like it did in my mind.  So into the trash bin went idea #1, which I'd tried cutting 4 times.  The die, a large one just wasn't cooperating.

I decided to move on to idea #2, which is based on what you are seeing now.  What I did realize...I don't have Christmas patterned papers in blue and I thought I had many choices of blue solid papers....guess what, I don't.   At this point I was getting a bit frustrated.

While going through my paper pads, I found a 6x6 pad that is not Christmas, but it is blue.  My card is made from Vintage Romance by Maja Designs.  I love the papers, but they are not Christmas themed.  The patterns are tiny and I think rather quilt like.  I think these four papers worked well for the front of this card.

My snowflake was die cut from a Memory Box Die - Bianca Snowflake #98193.  I first cut the die using a gold mirror card stock, but it was just too shiny.  I cut the design again using a mottled gold card stock.  I liked this cut much better.  I did use the mirror gold to frame the layers of blue card stock.  The sentiment "Let It Snow" is a 1995 Annette Allen Watkins stamp - #C1371.  The center of the snowflake was cut from a piece of scrap blue card stock.

And now on to the inside of the card....
The inside of my card uses two more pieces of the Maja Design paper and I added 1/2 of the mirror snowflake I originally cut to use on the front of the card.  I do like the look.  My sentiment is from Stampabilities - 2008, Warm Your Heart - GR1145.  That's it for my inside and out.  I hope you too will take some time to create a blue and gold card and share it with the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.  


I think my helper was a bit tired today.  She is always at my feet when I create.  

I don't know why I'm sharing this photo, I will name this photo persistence pays off....


I do tend to make a mess when I'm in creative mode.  Thankfully, if I clean up after each creation it's an easy and quick process.....Here's what my desk should look like.  


Well, I guess I'm ready to start my next creation.  Until next time, Happy Crafting, I look forward to seeing your blue and gold creations.  

Hugs from my world to yours,
Mary Mac
AKA:  Glitter Grammy








2 comments:

  1. Beautiful is your card l love the colour choices and that snow flake is gorgeous l also make lots of mess and my table looks very much like yours when creating a card and how lovely is your dog so cute take care sending lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your card dearie. Beautiful inside and out. I think if you ask anyone we start off with a sketchy plan in our heads then once we drag everything out we end up crafting in a small space. Well that's me anyway ha ha... fabulous helper nearby too. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!