Monday, March 9, 2020

Pixie's Crafty Workshop #373 and More


Happy Monday to everyone in the crafting world.  I needed a large number of thank you cards, and I've made several different designs.  This one is the latest.  I must admit I finally found one that I could make quickly and I could use all the 1/4 sheets of card that I seem to accumulate too quickly.  The card base is made from 65# Neenah Bright White card.  It's my go to card and it's a good thing because I made a mistake when ordering.  I thought I was getting one ream of 250 sheets, but actually got four.  Oops!  The background embossing folder was made from one of the snippets that have been accumulating.  I love embossing folders and this is one of my favorites.  I mounted a 4x 41/4 piece to the front of the base that I had stamped with Thank You.  The pansy is a rubber stamp that I colored with PrismaColor  pencils, and I blended them using Gamsol.  I cut out the image and used dimensionals to lift it off the card.  The inside has a 1 inch piece cut from the embossed card.  The two rubber stamps and the embossing folders were gifts.  I am so thankful for them.  This card will make a wonderful Birthday or Thinking of You card.  

I'm going to enter this card in the Pixie's Workshop Challenge.  The snippet is the embossing piece.  

I've been spending some time organizing.  My new craft area is much smaller than my California play room.  My intention was to spread all the dies out on my table and take a photo before putting them into books.  Well, I must have been distracted by a shiny object because after sorting them into categories I began putting them into albums.  Here's a photo of the finished albums.  I still need to label the outside so it's easier to pull them out, but here they are.  

The two buckets have embossing folders and stamp and die sets.  I still need to  organize them a bit better, but I am using what I have right now.  I'll show more later.....


These are all the stamps I received.  I've yet to organize them, a project I hope to do this week.  There are so many especially the clear stamps and I am loving all of them.  I also am sorting to give to another friend who lost everything.  I am amazed that many of the wood mount stamps are stamps that I lost in the fire.  This gives me a nice warm feeling!  

I'm hoping to get a lot of coloring and organizing done over the next two weeks.  It looks like rain has finally come to Illinois to replace the snow and I am thrilled.  Winter was mild this year but it seemed longer than last year.  Maybe because last year I was so busy putting our house in order I lost track of the number of cold days.  But no matter the reason I am welcoming Spring!  

Off I go for now. My oven door is bugging me, it needs a good clean.  I have an aqua clean oven, which I love, but it doesn't seem to do a lot for the glass door.  Off I go to scrub....

I hope your week is wonderful and you find time to craft. 

Hugs from my world to yours,
Glitter Grammy
AKA:  Mary Mac






11 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous , Mary. The beautifully coloured flowers look lovely against the embossed background. Sounds like you are doing well organising your new crafty goodies. I hope they are giving you lots of inspiration for new projects. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Mary and good luck with your organising.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful. Isn't it nice to have things organized? It definitely helps me with creating. I'm so glad a lot of the items you received were some of the ones you had. That is fun especially if they were a stamp you really enjoyed. Happy creating, Mary. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. An exquisite card Mary - so glad you are finding your feet again as it were, and getting your craft room organised
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is lovely and the way you colored those flowers is amazing! So glad you're having fun organizing and sharing with your friend! Sharing is caring, and how wonderful some of your beloved stamps have been replaced!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Mary. Great to see your craft supplies and craft room taking shape.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card - thank you so much for sending one to me! Have fun with your new goodies, thats a great idea to put your dies into binders, I'm going to do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a stunning card Mary! I love your embossed background and I love that flower. You have colored it to make it look so real. Ha, you are stocked up with cardstock now! Looks like you are getting nice and organized as well. I'm so happy you are sharing your goodies with another friend who lost everything. You are a sweetheart! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card Mary - and your colouring is perfection! And it's also great to see how mcuh love people have sent you - crafters are a breed apart I think. I would have loved to see hthe dies you were sent but just knowing they will give you loads of pleasure is more than enough.

    Hugs

    Di xxow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary

    A really beautiful card.

    Love those flowers very much. Such gorgeous bold colours! The embossed background is the perfect backdrop for them.

    I hope you are having fun re-arranging and housing all your craft stash.

    Take care.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a beautiful card! I’m so pleased you have got all these new craft supplies, have fun sorting them. Better than cleaning the oven!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!