Monday, April 20, 2020

Staying At Home Playing Cards



We are still under Stay At Home orders.  My husband and I have been playing cards every day.  It's been nice spending time with him and though often times he has a grumpy face, while playing cards he is relaxed, even when he's loosing.  Yesterday he was even laughing....and it looks good on him.

I have a dear friend who is always thinking of others.  She's an award winning baker and I miss her walking across the street to share her newest creation.  I sat down and needed inspiration for a card.  I thought of Jeri and decided that she would be my inspiration...

I'm sure many of you feel the same way, when I make a card for a person, it's like spending time with that person.  Even though Jeri didn't know I was making this card, I'm sure she could feel the love even though we are hundreds of miles apart.

I don't know anything about the paper.  It was a scrap that was gifted to me.  I love red and white cards.  The House Mouse is a 3x3 stamp, that I colored with pencils and fussy cut.  The flower is part of a Graphic45 tag collection.  The sentiment is also part of the same House Mouse stamp set.

Since this card was made with snippets, I'll be posting it on Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

Well someone keeps coming into my craft room wondering when we would start playing cards.  So off I go for now.

I hope you have time to check out Pixie's Crafty Workshop and if you have time to play along... I hope you do.  It's a fun place to be inspired.

Hugs from my world to yours....
Mary Mac
AKA:  Glitter Grammy

4 comments:

  1. Mary, it's a cute card.I love the red and white. We'd love to have you come join us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Do come join us, please. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Mary - I love that you felt blessed with Jan's company as you made her this exquisite card.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Mary! I do love the red and white paper - such a cute HM image as well of course. It's lovely you came to play with us. Glad to hear all is well with you and Richard!

    Stay safe my friend.

    Love

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary

    What a beautiful bold card with a really cute image.

    Pleased to read that you and hubby are keeping yourself occupied .. .. .. .. which I am guessing means if you aren't playing cards you are making cards" LOL!!

    I hope you are coping OK. Please stay safe.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!