Thursday, April 24, 2014

What Day Is It?

It's Rudolph Day and that means another card is done and waiting for the Christmas mailing.  Thanks to Sarn and her challenge that keeps us all on track.  I've been working on cards that are quick to make and flat, so mailing won't be expensive.  This card is perfect.

The tree stamp is an old one...dates back to 1999, made by Denami Design of Kent Washington.  I don't know if that company is still in existence.   The sentiment is from Stampabilities and is quite a bit newer 2010.  I stamped both in white ink and heat embossed using silver embossing powder.  Using a circle punch, I punched from glitter sticker paper both the dots and the snowflake and decorated the tree. The final step was to glue this 4 x  5 1/4 piece to the front of the card base.  I could have stamped directly to the base, but I wanted to have the extra layer.  The inside will have a direct stamped sentiment.

Monday's are my play day and I play with a group of gals that are so crafty.  I took some cards I'd not finished and also worked on a Morehead design from one of the purchased sheets.  As I finished cutting, shaping and gluing, I looked down at one of the card bases that I'd not yet added snowflakes.  A light bulb went on and here's the finished card....
Ah, another finished Christmas card to share this Rudolph Day!  This will be another card that won't break the bank when I post it.  
That's it for this Rudolph Day.  I'm hoping to have several more made before Christmas.  I'm going to head over to Sarn's blog and check out the Rudolph Day projects everyone made.  I hope you check them out too.  Have a look!

Note:  On Wednesday I posted a page from my Christmas  journal.  I've gotten so many comments and emails from people who are "impressed or encouraged" by my journal.  I have to tell you this was my very first project of 2014 and put the final touches on it March 1st.   I created it because I was so "bummed" out during the 2013 holiday season.  I wasn't looking forward to any part of it.  Unknown to us, my husband had been ill, probably for over 6 months, however, being a man he chose to ignore the symptoms and chose rather to internalize his issue by not mentioning the pain.  Rather, he became extremely grumpy and withdrew from everything and everyone.  Suggesting a doctor visit was met with outbursts of "nothing is wrong"  To say the least our home was very quiet and unhappy.  There were no decorations, normally there are many.  The week before Christmas I did manage to put up a 2 foot tall tree, which I lit only once.  

Mind you, I'd made cards and I did send a few, but very few.  No Christmas letter, no family email.  Well, long story short.  My husband finally went to the doctor.  His illness was and at times still is gout, which as everyone knows is very painful, and also treatable.  He feels so good now that I can honestly say I have the man I married back and I am thrilled.  Though he is still stubborn and waits too long when the symptoms of gout raise their ugly head, he is finally realizing that feeling good feels great.  

In January, I decided that this Christmas would be different.  I created the journal, made a list of people I wanted to send cards to and got to work.  So, for those who are impressed, don't be...I am not organized, and thus....the journal keeps me moving forward.  For those who are encouraged...thank you.  Believe me, I was encouraged by Shaz and Rudolph Day, and I was invited to be on the design team of Sparkles Christmas Challenge.  These two Christmas challenges keep me focused.  I'm amazed with how many cards I've made.  Trust me, several are pretty basic, but I think beautiful.  

So now, you know the rest of the story!  Thank you so much for your comments and your interest... you all keep me focused, encouraged and above all impressed by what you create.  That said....

Until next time....
Mary Mac
AKA:  Glitter Grammy

14 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Mary, I'm particularly smitten with the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary - I spy two VERY different but utterly brilliant festive cards for Rudolph Day here. Thanks for playing along. Gotta love those pandas!

    I read your blue text and now I'm off to see the journal post.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are both so pretty, especially the silver tree with the blue glittered "ornaments!" So glad your DH is feeling better again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are beautiful! Love the silver embossing on the top one and all those lovely blue ornaments! Love the sparkle on the second one! Your have your cards displayed so beautifully too - well done! Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! I am happy your husband is feeling much better too. Wishing you a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Rudolph Day Mary! Love these cards especially that fabulous stylised tree. Thanks for sharing your story too. Life is full of ups and downs and I'm so pleased that yours is on the up :) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary both of your cards are stunning l just love everything about them xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved reading how these came about Mary, aren't play days wonderful, and aren't men stubborn! I'm also off to see the journal....just what I need thanks. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. really like the xmas tree, nice way to start making your xmas card ahead congrats
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your xmas tree, also love the way you have presented them with the sparkly ornaments x Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry your last Christmas was a bit of a nightmare but these two lovely cards will add beautifully to next year's stash Mary, and good to hear your DH is restored to better health. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry that your last Christmas was not as nice as usual. Poor hubby dealing with all that pain! Glad to hear that you have such a ggod plan in place to ensure that this Christmas is much better!

    Your cards are so lovely.The blue and silver tree looks wonderful...I must look...I think I have that stamp or at least that diecut!
    The little bears are swetties too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Mary, thank you for sharing about your husband. I am so happy he is back to his old self!! I love your tree card. It is really beautiful and your Pandas are a cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so in love with your first card, so simple but so very very effective.

    Kath x

    Oops second card is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I'm sorry for the illness issue. MEN! But I'm glad he was persuaded to go get some help & is feeling better. I know you are too now! Loved your sparkly card. It's just beautiful, and as you say, not a fortune to mail it. Thanks for reminding me I have a similar old stamp that I could do this look. Brillant thought to make the baubles flat & still glisten with the glitter punch dots. Hope all is going well with you. Sorry to be MIA for a while. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!