Sunday, January 26, 2020

It's Been Awhile

It's been awhile hasn't it?  I think it's time to start again doing what I loved so very much for so very long. In a minute I'll fill you in on what has given me this jump start, or maybe I should say push.  But let me start with a card I made for my son's Birthday.  I've done some fussy cutting on this card and I must say it was fun.  I used an 8x8 Graphic45 paper pad for all the papers used.  A bit ago I joined the Graphic45 monthly kit group and this Kaleidoscope Collection came from that kit.  In the kit was a stamp pad called Color Box Graphic45 Decades.  I didn't have a paper for the sentiment that was the right color, so I colored it using the stamp pad.  I don't know who made the sentiment, it was one a friend shared.  That's it for the inside.  Now lets see what I did for an outside.


I've always liked this birthday die by PoppyStamps, so it was one of the dies I replaced.  When you start to rebuild your stash, you have to think of dies that can be used in several ways and this one fills the bill.  I've never die cut from paper with writing printed on it, but I think this worked.  You don't really notice that it's there, it looks like part of the pattern.  I must say I like the colors and the gold.  
Ok, so now on to the real reason I'm posting....I've been working on Thank You cards,  I will share why in a few weeks, but for now I'll give you a sneak peek at a few I've finished.  I've come to realize I am a very slow crafter.  I've known that for awhile but this recent effort has proven yet again.  If I were in a race, I'd most definitely be the tortoise.  Here's what I've been working on.  


A friend gave me a 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 paper pad named Blessed by Kaiser Craft.  I thought this would be a great way to use these papers because I am truly blessed.    I'm being pretty vague about the why (many of you will have figured it out) , but I need to give myself time for everything to sink in and to try to figure out how I can explain in words my thankfulness, appreciation, and the love I am feeling. Stay tuned....So I guess I didn't really explain the why.  I guess you will have to stay tuned.

I'm going to enter my son's Birthday card in the Pixies Crafty Workshop.  I can't say the entire card was made from snippets, but a good portion was.  

So that's it from me today.  I best get busy....I know I've said before I hope to post more often, and that is a hope.  So, until next time......Love and hugs from me to you.

Glitter Grammy AKA:  Mary Mac

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Mary! I am so glad to see you visiting Di's Playground!! It is very exciting to see you crafting again. I love the card you made for your son. Graphic 45 papers ALWAYS make projects beautiful, but your fabulous front is just awesome die cut from the gorgeous patterned paper!! I am glad to be one of your new followers. Hugs and looking fwd to seeing more of your creations!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, congrats on making such a lovely card for your son. Good to see you crafting again.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a super card for your Son Mary and G45 is always fabulous to work with. Your thank you cards are also very pretty.

    If it's any consolation I think I must also have turned into a tortoise, I'm utterly convinced that I used to craft much faster than I do now, sometimes it can take me a whole morning to make just one - mind you a lot of that could be down to indecision - which stamps - which colour and so it goes on.

    I hope you have a good week Mary and a warmer one than last.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you are crafting Mary - and your card is a stunner!! Love your elephants, and the die cut on the outside.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary

    So lovely to see you back in blogland .. .. and with such a beautiful card for your son. I love all your colour choices.

    It doesn't matter how long it takes to make something .. .. as long as you take pleasure in the making.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Help - my comment disappeared into thin air! It's such a delight to see you crafting again dearest Mary - you certainly haven't lost your touch! Love the snippets card so much - and I bet those thank you cards are keeping you busy.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Thank You cards are lovely and even more so in real lift. Thank you for the beautiful card I have received.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!