Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pixie's Crafty Snippet Challenge Number Thirteen

Something old, something new, something borrowed....nothing blue!  Geez, where did that come from.  I was looking at the photo and it came zipping into my little brain.  Pixie's Crafty Snippet Challenge is becoming a favorite place to play.  Check out her blog page and maybe you'll want to skip into the playground and play with all of us.  So, here it is, my snippet card for this week.  The base of the card stock is BoBunny, and it isn't a snippet.  It measures 6x12 inches.  The next layer and the remaining card stock are snippets.  The suede is actually a green color, although it doesn't look green in the photo, I use this a lot on Christmas cards and this is the last piece I have....more is being ordered by Karen, so I didn't feel bad using it.  .  The doily is an old one, probably been in the doily drawer for 5 or 6 years.  I just never have found a place for it.  Gotta love paper doilies....The lattice egg was cut using my Gazelle electronic machine and the base of the egg was traced onto a piece of glitter paper.  The bunny, she was a gift from my buddy Virginia.  She's die cut and if you follow my blog, you saw her on my desk top on Wednesday.  The eggs were die cut using the Memory Box Egg dies.  The back egg has tiny flowers that were cut from the ribbon and glued on.  The flowers were purchased at Karen's (Paradise Scrapbook Boutique).  I am addicted to these flowers.  I added the purple bling in the top right because the area looked so empty.  You can see just a corner of the inside and it was cut using a Martha Stewart Deep cut border punch. 

Our little Blue Jays have been busy putting the finishing touches on the nest.  It's been such fun watching the two as they work to make their perfect nursery.  It's kind of funny really, mom flies off to gather mud for the inside of the nest.  Dad is still bringing pine needles and scraps of paper and leaves.  If he brings something that isn't suitable, out on the ground she throws it, and chirps her disapproval...off he goes to try harder.  She uses her body to round and smooth the inside of the nest.  I tried getting a photo of her doing this, but I can't get too close to the window when she's working. 


The inside of the nest is pretty protected from view.  I stood on a chair to try to shoot down into the nest.  The reflections on the window make it a bit hard to get a good shot...I think they should be finished building soon, the nest is getting quite deep. 

If you click on the photo, you can enlarge it and it's easier to peek inside.  It's I'm impressed with the ability of these little creatures....they build and the only blue print is that of Mother Nature. 

Along with DH and I noticing all the building....the neighborhood cats, and our two strays, have seen all the commotion.  DH saw our neighbor cat laying under the bush waiting for the birds.  He dug into his stash and this is the temporary protection he's made for them.  It doesn't seem to have bothered the birds.  The cats don't look any too happy!
Until next time....Enjoy your nest.....

Have a wonderful week...... {{{{ Hugs}}}}}

Mary AKA:  Glitter Grammy

10 comments:

  1. Oh Mary, what a totally gorgeous card - so many pretty elements! It's absolutely adorable! Welcome to the snippets playground - a really super make for us to gather round and oooh and aaah over!

    And your jays are amazing too - super photos and I hope they raise a little brood of chicks safely :)

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh to have things blooming like that... we still have some snow on the ground! Love your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, Our weather is so crazy....May flowers came in February and we are now getting rain....finally.

      Delete
  3. Adorable card Mary, love all the elements. I've never seen a blue jay before what beautiful birds. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty Mary, I think between you and me we're keeping Memory Box afloat!! I just saw those cure egg dies and thought I don't need those, but of course, now I'm thinking that I do!! Lovely to see the birds again, hopefully they'll have little chicks very soon.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh . . . another lovely snippet card here Mary. Pretty Easter card.

    And your Jays are just lovely. Do they sing nicely? I imagine they do!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mary, what a gorgeous card! It's absolutely stunning!

    I loved the blue jays when I lived in CA. None up here. Thanks for sharing yours, it will be fun to watch there progress.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so envious that your purple/mauve looks the right colour. mines blue. Boo Hoo. I'm very late this week but it wasn't my fault honest. Now I've gone and dropped the cupcakes in the mud. They are choklit ones so maybe it won't notice!! Hugs mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No one will notice. They will just think it's extra fiber.... Or a new and yummy frosting... The card stock is from We R Memory Keepers Textured Cardstock pad, the Cotton Tails Collection. It's one of my favorites. 6 colors, 24 sheets. I bought it at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique, but Karen is all out. I'm sure you can find it on-line. If anyone knows of a good place to purchase, let me know....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary, gorgeous card and clearly a lot of work has gone into the composition with plenty of snippets getting used up. Love the shot of the blue jay, you are lucky to be able to watch them so closely. Chuckled at the mention of your husband's stash, and yet that's what it is ... you should see what the EM has stashed away :)) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!