Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What's on Your Workdesk? Come on...share....

Ok, here it is....WOYWW 177:
My desk doesn't look overly exciting, but it's the week of learning.  I bought a complete set of Spectrum Noir pens, and now it's time to learn how to use them.  Today I spent coloring and coloring, and coloring.  I downloaded some sample tests for certification.  I'm not sure I will attempt certification, I am finding the test graphics very helpful, so I shall at least do some coloring and learning while I do so.  Sooooo.....Join Julia, me and many, many more of us and share your workspace. 

Earlier in the month I bought a storage device.  When I find something I really like, and I find it very inventive, I tell my DH that it must have been invented by a woman...He grumbles as he walks away!  You'll see it on my desk, it looks like a DVD holder (I honestly think that was it's beginning), anyway, it has two levels and it holds over 30 Stickle type bottles.  I don't know who manufactures it, but if you are interested, leave a comment for Karen at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique , she'll let you know how to get one. She sold out the day she introduced them, but maybe she can find more. Someone needs to invent a way to store the Tim Holtz re-inkers....anybody? 

Well, this is short, coloring has tired me out!  I'm going to watch some TV and head for bed.  My prayers go out for the speedy recovery to all those in the path of Sandy.  I hope all of us who are climbing into a warm a dry bed, will remember those who are suffering and donate to the recovery charity of their choice.  Every penny counts.....

Hugs to all,
Mary

13 comments:

  1. Pretty smart little invention for glitter glues that does look like a dvd holder a big one too
    hugs Nikki C #6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy WOYWW. Spectrum Noirs (or Speccies to their friends!). I bought the complete set as well. Started watching the DVD that came with it, and the practising, but been so busy since and only used the pens for actual projects! Certification - not heard about that in the UK. Will investigate and see if it is available here. I have just signed up to do a Certificate in Papercraft online. I like to have a reason for everything I do. Ali x #55

    ReplyDelete
  3. well after zooming in can say you have no worries with your colouring :)
    have a fab woyww
    kay #75

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems the Spectrums are getting better, I remember reading quite a lot of fairly negative reviews when they first came out, about not blending very well.May have to give them a try, I like that they have a lot of really pale, pastel shades, which is where i think the Promarkers are lacking.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #90

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy WOYWW Mary.

    Happy colouring too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colourful desk this week, Mary, Spectrum Noirs are featuring on a number of WOYWW posts today. That is a neat storage idea too - we crafters are always on the lookout for storage that works for us. Happy WOYWW, Elizabeth x #76

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colouring looks good to me - where did you get the tests from? Great gadget for the stickles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love colouring in its so relaxing. Looks fab. Thanks for the comments on my house mouse you did make me laugh. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the holder for the stickles...your desktop is nice and clean, perfect for coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Mary SNAP! I have had my stickles storage thingy for about a week and it's ridiculously good! A bit wobbly if you don''t load it evenly, but that's hardly a complaint, huh! Am dead impressed that you're taking the time and trouble to learn about the Spectrum Noirs...no doubt you'll be fir for certification in no time. (I mean...oh, I hope you know what I mean!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you are having fun playing with your new markers and your round Stickles holder looks good.
    Happy WOYWW.
    hugs {brenda} xox #143

    ReplyDelete
  12. your colouring looks fab, looks like you would get the certificate no problem the storage for Stickles is ace im a neat freak and love order so right up my street, have a fab week and hopefully see more results of your fab colouring nest week x...#77

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a cool Stickles holder, Mary (and I agree with you about the best inventers being women!). So it looks like you do like the Spectrum Noirs. Your coloring is amazing!! Have a great week! Darnell #63

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!