Tuesday, October 23, 2012

WOYWW 177 - Carta Bella and Pixie's Crafty Workshop

Saturday was Carta Bella Day at Karen's - Paradise Scrapbook Boutique
Well, here we are.  This is the afternoon group, our project was a  2 page lay-out using Carta Bella Christmas Day papers. (If you haven't seen them, might be worth a look at them)    The morning group ran out before photos could be taken, or more truthful, before we remembered to take them. The big kid in the back is Lindsay, the Carta Bella guy who tried keeping us all in line...I think it might have been easier to herd cats.... we did have a good time!
And here's Karen, I'd like to thank her for bringing Lindsay to her shop.  It was a fun day and we left with loads of goodies....

A few days ago, I posted a photo of a card I made using snippets left from making the Christmas album.  Thanks to Lindsay, I have many more snippets and below are a few of the cards I made using them.  I've gotta say, albums are a great way to collect snippets, not that any of us need help collecting them.  I'll be posting these cards on Di's blog....and I hope to spend some time tomorrow seeing what the others have been doing.  Di reminded me that Thursday is Rudolph Day over at Sarn's blog page.  If I get my act together, maybe I can actually make another card....Oh...I just remembered a new Memory Box die I purchased last week....I'll be making a Rudolph card using that...(that is if I don't forget!)  It's not too late, if you want to play along...


 
 
 
I made this card this morning.  I purchased the Spectrum Noir pens and though I haven't been doing much coloring lately, it's always been something that I've enjoyed doing.  I've got to say, using the pens is different than water color and after watching video's I'm learning to get the colors I was hoping for. I'm still working on shading.  So, about this card.  The papers are from CartaBella, the rubber stamp is from Stampabilities and is called Christmas Tale (not new, from 2003)  The dies are from Memory Box and Spellbinder.  All of these cards are made from snippets,
 
Do you want to see the mess I made making these cards?  It's Wednesday and it's the day to share our work desks...so, thank you Julia for giving us the place to post our little messy work desks.  Check out the other creative desks and see what was created there....and if you're feeling brave....post your little corner of creativity...
Oh....while going through the blue box, I looked through the lid and saw this.....
I always knew there was someone helping me put my projects together.  I had to laugh, I don't remember putting any of these parts in this order, although I do remember putting the epoxy pieces on the pink pad...do you think maybe, while I was sleeping, the pieces crept onto the paper pad?  OK, I can pretend...

Off I go, tomorrow it's supposed to rain and I'm hoping to get into my room to tidy up, and then make another mess playing with my pens and stamps....

Until next time....Happy Creating!
Hugs to all,
Mary

 
 

 
 

11 comments:

  1. Sme creative makes ! Have a fun and inky week trace x 46

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh spooky! The fairies have definitely been at work in your blue box! Your Christmas cards are gorgeous. Happy Wednesday. :o)
    Sue x (MiniOwner @ 88)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, looks like you've got mice in your craft room! Either that or the witches and goblins come out at night!! Looks like you had a great time at the class and I love all the cards you made too. My husband's cousin is a male Lindsey, not a name you hear very often, unfortunately his wife is also a Lindsay!! Very confusing!

    Hugs
    Brenda 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice start on your Christmas cards! Cute twine smile too.
    Karen 129

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary . . . what a fun post. Loving your festive makes and look forward to seeing what you come up with for Rudolph Day!

    What a desk . . . I've been told today that "messy" desks are NOT SO, they are just "busy" desks. But still my inner neat freak freaks!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely christmas cards & glad you've had a fun time . jill#63

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving your christmas cards and fab photo
    have a super woyww
    kay #57

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your silly-faced helper! That right there is one of those wily crafting fairies we here about. It is rare to catch a photo of one of them. I love all your cards. Thanks for sharing them. Isn't it funny how making just a few cards can mess up an entire room and leave heaps behind???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. crafty desks! Love CartaBella papers! Your cards have turned out very nice. Hope you have a crafty week! Vickie #91

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary, four fabby Christmas cards there - perfect us of snippets :) Laughing about the state of your desk - I didn't join in WOYWW this week as I was too ashamed :) Hugsm Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Christmas cards are gorgeous! I had to laugh at the little face, that would make a great "Hi" card right there. Oh, and I love carta bella papers.
    Lisa DV
    #164

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!