Friday, January 15, 2010

My Friend Brenda

I met Brenda several years ago. I was teaching an Easter Card class at Michaels and Brenda was my student. We've been making cards together ever since. We try to spend at least one day a month making cards. Brenda will arrive on Saturday morning and we will work on projects all day and sometimes into the early evening.

We stop only for lunch and to unwrap the chocolates that my husband always has ready for her. Our lunches are always working lunches, Brenda brings out the list of questions and ideas she's assembled since our last visit. We look at magazines for inspiration, and we eat....


I wanted to make her something special and I decided to bring out the Bind-It-All and put together a book for her to write notes, with a pocket for keeping coupons, and a section with post-it-notes for her to mark pages in magazines.



When all the pages have been filled with questions and comments....we can cut the wire binding and add more pages and rebind the book. The post-it-notes are refillable too. This was a fun project. I think I'm going to have to make another one....

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Mary this is just gorgeous! Soooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mary, thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. I love this book and will definitely have a go at one myself

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!